Upon the suggestion of my therapist, after a particularly lively discussion about how incredibly intelligent and accurate I am, I picked up a copy of The Know-It-All: One Man’s Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World, by A. J. Jacobs. A. J. is an editor at Esquire magazine and a [...]
It’s so much easier, over the short haul, to lie to yourself.
But it adds up over time and makes your life a living hell.
So being honest with yourself, although difficult in the moment, is a lot more rewarding in the long run.
First, you have to admit it to yourself, whatever “it” is. [...]
I had a really good session with my therapist this morning. We spent a lot of time talking about how I’m never satisfied … with anything. Ever.
So my therapist asked, "what is satisfaction? What does it mean to you to feel satisfied?"
And my honest answer was, "I don’t know."
Let’s think about that.
apparently there are some people out there who haven’t gotten the memo about the new cover sheets for the tpf reports. at the bottom, there’s a special news flash:
life is just a game.
seriously, folks. i come in to work every day just like the rest of you do. i go to the gym, [...]
- @cultofmac did you change your feed this week? Can't read anything in full in @feedly. 3 days ago
- I fully support my state senator @TerryGipsonNY in his plan to bring term limits to Albany http://t.co/B7v8G2E75t 3 days ago
- William Stevens was working hard last night! http://t.co/iltncg1y6X 3 days ago
- Trying to find a delicious white sangria recipe. My life is so hard. http://t.co/wm2qA38asj 4 days ago
- I won't be able to walk this year's Hudson Valley AIDS Walk, but I hope you'll decide to support the cause anyway... http://t.co/xqBnMauwPv 1 week ago
Tagsadvertising anniversary beach beth birthday blog book-review bush cancer certification change christmas civic cloud commute complaint confused death emotion emotional evil family friends frustrated funny gay german google happy interview jake love marriage online-quiz party paul president rants review summer therapy twitter vacation weather wotd
The postings, opinions and ideas on this site are my own. They do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of my employer or employers. At no time do I intend to share, provide or otherwise offer information about my employers that is confidential, proprietary, or otherwise unavailable in the public domain.
Similarly, the comments and responses posted by visitors to this site are their own, and do not necessarily represent my opinions or beliefs. These visitors grant me the right to reproduce, with attribution, their comments under a Creative Commons license.