Yeah, it’s official. I’m a lazy blogger. I don’t even get the job done when someone else is providing the content!
Five days’ worth of words. For you. All for you.
Gewinnen means to win, and it is not separable.
Die Mannschaft hat das Fussballspiel gewonnen. The team won the soccer game.
Einladen means to [...]
That’s the four days edition, since I’m so far behind.
Beissen means to bite.
Der Hund hat den Briefträger gebissen. The dog bit the mailman.
Ganz is whole or entire.
Der ganze Kürbis ist faul. The whole pumpkin is rotten.
Ich hoffe meine Studenten lernen den ganzen Tag Deutsch. I hope my students are learning [...]
“Regnerisches Wochenende” simply means a rainy weekend, and around here, when it rains, it pours. Nonetheless, here are four days’ worth of German words, for your reading pleasure.
Fragen is a verb meaning to ask a question. (Die Frage, or the question, is the related noun.)
Er fragt ihn, wie alt er ist. He asks [...]
Okay, the words from the last three days don’t seem to me to have anything in common (apart from being in German, and new to me).
Zwischen means between.
Ich sitze zwischen meinem Freund und seiner Frau. I am sitting between my friend and his wife.
Suchen is to seek, to search for, to look [...]
My last post was the slow edition, and then my teacher picked langsam as the word of the day! How funny/ironic is that? Anyway, the last 3 days’ worth just for your reading enjoyment:
Langsam, meaning slow, slowly.
Bitte sprechen Sie langsam. Please speak slowly.
Langsam aber sicher. Slowly but surely.
Überqueren is to cross.
- I won't be able to walk this year's Hudson Valley AIDS Walk, but I hope you'll decide to support the cause anyway... http://t.co/xqBnMauwPv 3 days ago
- RT @CapehartJ: Think gay parents are different than straight parents? Watch this NSFW reaction, then we'll talk. http://t.co/Y78aYVm7sb #aw… 3 days ago
- We're only a tiny bit late for Derby Day! Mint julep anyone? http://t.co/sE2ASkry8b 4 days ago
- 36 US states ban same-sex marriages, either through their constitutions or through state law. At the beginning of... http://t.co/8k40eFrPbk 4 days ago
- @peppercares @jwpepper the "scorch" plugin you require doesn't work across 4 computers, 2 operating systems, 3 browsers. what a ripoff! 1 week ago
Tagsadvertising anniversary beach beth birthday blog book-review bush cancer certification change christmas civic cloud commute complaint confused death emotion emotional evil family friends frustrated funny gay german google happy interview jake love marriage online-quiz party paul president rants review summer therapy twitter vacation weather wotd
The postings, opinions and ideas on this site are my own. They do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of my employer or employers. At no time do I intend to share, provide or otherwise offer information about my employers that is confidential, proprietary, or otherwise unavailable in the public domain.
Similarly, the comments and responses posted by visitors to this site are their own, and do not necessarily represent my opinions or beliefs. These visitors grant me the right to reproduce, with attribution, their comments under a Creative Commons license.