My grandmother passed away tonight.
I feel extraordinarily fortunate that I saw her on Monday, and that she was having a good day when I was there.
I feel extraordinarily fortunate that she died at home, on her terms.
And I feel horrible for being in Austin, TX, 2000 miles away, and not being able [...]
My grandmother has decided to discontinue her treatment and has entered hospice care. The treatment was, in many ways, worse than the disease itself: robbing her of any quality of life and leaving her miserable. Her prognosis is not good, and the doctor gives her less than six months to live.
As much as this [...]
Yesterday Paul and I went down to New Jersey to my aunt’s house for a barbecue in celebration of Independence Day.
My primary motivator for going was to see my grandmother, who was diagnosed with brain cancer in April and has since undergone a six-week course of radiation (5 days a week) and oral [...]
I found out today that my grandmother has brain cancer.
She went into the hospital on Tuesday after having a small seizure, and we’ve been waiting all week to find out what’s what.
It had seemed it was contained to a small tumor, and we had hoped that it would be benign, but the doctors [...]
i promised updates; here i’ll deliver.
my uncle is being moved to umdnj today to prepare for surgery tomorrow. the biopsy results indicate a stage 1 malignancy, which i’m lead to believe is just a coldly clinical way to say cancer without saying cancer. surgery + chemo + radiation is the anticipated strategy, and [...]
- I won't be able to walk this year's Hudson Valley AIDS Walk, but I hope you'll decide to support the cause anyway... http://t.co/xqBnMauwPv 2 days ago
- RT @CapehartJ: Think gay parents are different than straight parents? Watch this NSFW reaction, then we'll talk. http://t.co/Y78aYVm7sb #aw… 3 days ago
- We're only a tiny bit late for Derby Day! Mint julep anyone? http://t.co/sE2ASkry8b 3 days ago
- 36 US states ban same-sex marriages, either through their constitutions or through state law. At the beginning of... http://t.co/8k40eFrPbk 4 days ago
- @peppercares @jwpepper the "scorch" plugin you require doesn't work across 4 computers, 2 operating systems, 3 browsers. what a ripoff! 1 week ago
Tagsadvertising anniversary beach beth birthday blog book-review bush cancer certification change christmas civic cloud commute complaint confused death emotion emotional evil family friends frustrated funny gay german google happy interview jake love marriage online-quiz party paul president rants review summer therapy twitter vacation weather wotd
The postings, opinions and ideas on this site are my own. They do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of my employer or employers. At no time do I intend to share, provide or otherwise offer information about my employers that is confidential, proprietary, or otherwise unavailable in the public domain.
Similarly, the comments and responses posted by visitors to this site are their own, and do not necessarily represent my opinions or beliefs. These visitors grant me the right to reproduce, with attribution, their comments under a Creative Commons license.